Introduction to Dermatology
At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, we understand the importance of healthy skin and the impact it can have on our patient’s quality of life. That’s why we offer comprehensive dermatology services, ranging from routine skin checks to specialized treatment for complex skin conditions. In this article, we will explore the various aspects of dermatology, including the most common skin conditions, diagnostic techniques, and treatment options, and how our team at Suryaprabha Nursing Home can help you achieve healthy, glowing skin.
Common Skin Conditions
1. Acne : Acne is a prevalent skin problem that affects teenagers and adults alike. Pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads form when hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin debris. While acne is commonly associated with adolescence, it can persist and cause severe misery far into maturity. Our physicians at Suryaprabha Nursing Home can help manage and control acne with a number of treatment options such as topical creams, oral drugs, and skin treatments.
2. Eczema: Eczema is a chronic skin condition that causes dry, itchy, and irritated skin. It is also known as atopic dermatitis. It frequently runs in families and is associated with allergies and asthma. We understand the difficulty and frustration that eczema may bring, which is why we offer a variety of treatment options to help reduce symptoms and enhance the quality of life at Suryaprabha Nursing Home. Moisturizers, topical creams, and oral medicines are among the available alternatives.
3. Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a persistent skin disorder that causes red, scaly areas to appear on the skin. It happens when the immune system incorrectly assaults healthy skin cells, resulting in accelerated cell turnover. Psoriasis can be difficult to manage, but at Suryaprabha Nursing Home, we provide a variety of treatment choices to assist reduce symptoms and enhance quality of life, including topical creams, oral drugs, light therapy, and biologic medications.
4. Rosacea : Rosacea is a chronic skin ailment that causes facial redness, flushing, and pimples. It can be triggered by certain foods, stress, and sunlight. At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, our dermatologists can help identify triggers and provide a variety of treatment options, including topical creams, oral medications, and laser therapy, to help manage symptoms and improve quality of life.
5. Skin Cancer: The most frequent type of cancer is skin cancer. It occurs when the cells in the skin grow out of control and form a tumor. At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, our dermatologists are trained to identify and diagnose skin cancer early, when it is most treatable. We offer a range of treatment options, including surgery, radiation therapy, and chemotherapy, to help manage and treat skin cancer.
Suryaprabha Nursing Home provides a variety of treatment choices for skin disorders. Our dermatologists collaborate with patients to create customised treatment regimens that suit their specific requirements and concerns. Among the most typical treatment options we provide are:
1. Topical Medications: Topical medications are creams, gels, or ointments that are applied directly to the skin. They can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including acne, eczema, psoriasis, and rosacea. These medications can help reduce inflammation, redness, and itching, and may contain antibiotics, corticosteroids, or retinoids.
2. Oral Medications: Oral medications are medications that are taken by mouth. They can be used to treat more severe skin conditions, such as severe acne or psoriasis, and may include antibiotics, immunosuppressants, or biologic medications.
3. Light Therapy: Light therapy, also known as phototherapy, uses special lamps to expose the skin to ultraviolet (UV) light. This treatment is often used to treat psoriasis and other skin conditions and can help reduce inflammation and slow down cell growth.
4. Surgery: Surgery may be necessary to remove cancerous skin cells or growths. Our dermatologists are experienced in performing various surgical procedures, including Mohs surgery, which is a specialized surgical technique used to remove skin cancer.
5. Laser Therapy: Laser therapy uses intense beams of light to target and destroy specific skin cells. This treatment can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including rosacea and acne scarring.
Dermatology involves the use of various diagnostic techniques to identify and diagnose skin conditions. At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, we use the latest diagnostic tools and techniques to ensure accurate diagnoses and effective treatment plans. Some of the most common diagnostic techniques we use include:
1. Skin Biopsy: A skin biopsy is a procedure in which a small sample of skin is removed and sent to a laboratory for analysis. This is typically done to diagnose skin cancer or other skin conditions.
2. Patch Testing: Patch testing is a procedure in which small patches containing potential allergens are applied to the skin to identify the cause of an allergic reaction.
3. Dermoscopy: Dermoscopy is a technique that uses a special instrument to examine the skin and identify abnormal moles or other skin lesions that may be cancerous.
At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, we understand the impact that healthy, glowing skin can have on our patient’s overall well-being. That’s why we offer comprehensive dermatology services to help diagnose and treat a range of skin conditions. From acne to skin cancer, our team of experienced dermatologists works closely with patients to develop personalized treatment plans that meet their individual needs and goals. If you’re experiencing a skin condition or are concerned about the health of your skin, schedule an appointment with our dermatology team today. We’re here to help you achieve healthy, beautiful skin.
Dr. Deepali Chavan
Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday –
Evening 06.30 PM – 07.30 PM