Introduction to Urosurgery
Suryaprabha Nursing Home, located in Kothrud, is dedicated to providing exceptional healthcare services, including specialized urosurgery. Urosurgery, also known as urologic surgery, focuses on diagnosing and treating conditions related to the urinary system in both males and females. With a team of experienced urosurgeons, state-of-the-art facilities, and a patient-centric approach, Suryaprabha Nursing Home offers comprehensive urosurgical care to patients in need. This article provides an overview of urosurgery, the conditions treated, common symptoms, and different types of treatments available.
Conditions Treated in Urosurgery
Urosurgery encompasses a wide range of conditions affecting the urinary system. At Suryaprabha Nursing Home, the urosurgery department is equipped to diagnose and treat various urological conditions, including:
- Kidney Stones: The formation of hard mineral and salt deposits in the kidneys, causing pain, blood in urine, and urinary tract blockages.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs): Bacterial infections that affect any part of the urinary system, leading to frequent urination, burning sensation, and discomfort.
- Prostate Disorders: Conditions affecting the prostate gland, such as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or prostate cancer, leading to urinary symptoms, difficulty in urination, and abnormal prostate growth.
- Bladder Disorders: Conditions like urinary incontinence, bladder stones, bladder infections, or interstitial cystitis that affect the bladder, causing urgency, frequent urination, and discomfort.
- Urethral Disorders: Problems affecting the urethra, such as urethral strictures or urethral diverticula, leading to difficulty urinating, recurrent urinary tract infections, and urinary blockages.
- Kidney and Bladder Tumors: The presence of abnormal growths or tumors in the kidneys or bladder that may require surgical intervention for removal.
Different Types of Urosurgical Treatments
Suryaprabha Nursing Home offers a range of urosurgical treatments to address various urological conditions effectively. The specific treatment recommended will depend on the patient’s condition and its severity. Some common urosurgical treatments include:
- Minimally Invasive Procedures: These procedures utilize advanced techniques and specialized instruments to treat urological conditions with minimal incisions and quicker recovery times. Examples include endoscopic procedures for stone removal, laser treatment for prostate enlargement, and laparoscopic surgeries for tumor removal.
- Robotic-Assisted Surgery: This advanced surgical approach utilizes robotic technology to enhance precision and control during complex urological procedures. Robotic-assisted surgeries provide better visualization and maneuverability for the surgeon, resulting in improved outcomes.
- Reconstructive Urology: This specialty focuses on restoring normal function and structure to the urinary tract. Reconstructive urological procedures address conditions such as urethral strictures, bladder diverticula, or urinary fistulas, aiming to improve
Symptoms of Urosurgical Diseases
Recognizing the symptoms associated with urological conditions is crucial for timely diagnosis and treatment. Some common symptoms include:
- Pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen or pelvic area.
- Frequent urge to urinate or increased frequency of urination.
- Blood in the urine or hematuria.
- Difficulty in initiating or maintaining urination.
- Pain during urination or sexual intercourse.
- Unexplained weight loss or fatigue.
- Recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Swelling in the lower abdomen or genital area.
Dr. Sandesh Surana
DNB (Genito Urinary Surgery) NBE (New Delhi)
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
Evening 06.30 PM – 07.30 PM
Dr. Pawan Rahangdale
Consultant Urologist M.B.B.S
MS (General Surgery) DNB (Urology) F.M.A.S.